Monday, February 18, 2008

A beautiful princess (book 6)


Last night was a harsh night, though I slept well with help from Athena. This morning, as I pulled back a branch from the bushes I was sleeping in, I laid eyes on one the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Even as all her maids pulled away from me in fear, she stood her ground. Although, I debated much in my head, I decided it would be best to rely on words so not to offend her. As I retold my story, she had sympathy and ordered her maids to return and help bathe me. However, after they set out the cloak and handed me the oil, I asked to be left to bathe myself as it was long since my last bath. As soon as I was bathed they sat me down to bread and wine and I devoured it for my fast had finally come to an end. 
I then received my instructions from the princess and was careful to listen to every detail. I was to follow her through the country but when we came near to the walls of the city, I was to be separated so as not to cause any drama or enlist any gossip as the princess so kindly put it. I was then to wait outside the wall until, I could be sure the princess and her maids had returned to the mansion. Once I could be sure they had arrived, I was to take the road into the city and find directions to the princess's house. I then had to go find her mother and embrace her knees for things depend much on her mother's feelings. As the princess raised her whip and began to pull away with the caravan, I said a quick prayer to Athena hoping that she could he me in this  task.

No comments: