Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Guest blogger- Telemekus (book 3)


After some time at sea, we finally arrived at our first destination, Gerenia. When we arrived, we found the townspeople in ceremony, making sacrifices to the gods. We were soon invited to join them before we were questioned and we had to reveal our identities. From somewhere deep inside myself, I mustered wise words of great wisdom. I soon learned that Nestor had no news of my father but would send me on the next portion of my journey with one of his sons for company. I was relieved to sleep inside on a nice bed as supposed to on the deck of the ship for I was worn from the first leg of our journey. The following morning I rose and was bathed and dressed in the best of manner before Pisistratos and I set out for Lakedaimon. We reached the outskirts of the town just as the sun fell below the edge of the earth. 

No comments: