Thursday, February 14, 2008

Why now? (book 5)


Kalypso came to me with an idea and although I was overwhelmed with joy to finally be going home, I wondered, "Why now?" When I inquired she said she just thought about it, but it seemed rather suspicious. I accepted her offer and the following day I began to build my raft. Five days later I set out to sea with a strong wind at my back. 
I sailed for quite some time, maybe close to 20 days, before I spotted land. Just as all seemed well Poseidon set a massive storm upon me and I thought for sure I was going to drown. Then came to me a nereid named Ino. She gave me instructions and before I could question her she left me to do as I was told. However, I was hesitant to follow her advice and waited. Then, a crashing wave was sent upon me and I had no choice but to follow the instructions brought to me. 
I was told to swim for it and I did just that. For 2 days and 2 nights I drifted unable to reach land, often wondering when death would come upon me for I was almost certain I could sense it coming. Then came a heavy surge that sent me straight towards the rocky shoreline. After a close encounter with death, I swam back out and scanned the coast for some safe entrance to the land. Sure enough there was a calm river not far away. I swam up the river and retired on one of the banks. As night came down I created a shelter out of olive and wild olive bushes. Soon after, I fell into a deep sleep.

No comments: